A physician associate is a healthcare professional who is an extension of the medical team. We are supervised clinicians, which means that we work under the supervision of a doctor and we are patient facing.
We are post graduates who have learnt the most common and important medical conditions within the United Kingdom. We work alongside other clinicians with the aims to alleviate the pressure from the doctors and allow them to focus on the more complex cases and further training/teaching. We help to diagnose, treat and manage patients within the field that we are working in if it is within our competency.
We are generalist clinicians who do not specialise, which also means that we can work in any speciality throughout our career without further training. We can further develop our skill set by taking any opportunities presented to us within the fields we are working in, for example; minor surgeries in GP, colonoscopies in GI/general surgery and so on….There is scope for PAs to prescribe and order imaging with ionising radiation in the future, however, at present we are not yet regulated to do so.
The career path is ever changing and improving, with more and more PAs graduating and entering the field every year!
We aim to get your personal statements marked and edited between 5-7 working days, should you request it done urgently you should email us to let us know, however, this does not guarantee we can get it back to you before 5-7 working days.
The webinar is based on the 1:1 interview preparation sessions, which have been a huge success. The difference between a webinar and 1:1 session is the direct feedback and chance to practice with an experienced professional. The 1:1 sessions are also personalised and unique to each individual depending on what university interview you have planned. The webinar is good for students who just need some insight and direction on how to tackle application interviews. A 1:1 session is ideal for students who would like some more guidance and help alongside improvement of their interview techniques.
YES! We provide a worksheet to help guide you with preparing for interviews. There is information on our website on how to jump start your personal statement, we also have a link to a great YouTube video too! Our workshops provide a lot of material for you to take home, including a ‘SURVIVAL KIT’.
We do get 100’s of emails and questions about the PA programme, we do try our very best to answer as many as we can. However, it would be impossible for us to answer them all! Majority of questions we get are things that can and should be researched for example ‘will I get into university X with these grades?’. Please contact admissions offices where possible as they are the best point of contact.
By all means, we try our upmost best to help and guide applicants in the right direction. Please be mindful that there is a lot more to take into consideration than just a personal statement and a good interview! Universities look into grades, individual skills and most importantly experience! We do not hold any liability with unsuccessful applications.
The question bank was created to give a platform to help with both nationals and university exams. It covers almost every single condition on the matrix based on guidelines. We recommend using the question bank for revision as they include key words and phrases for conditions alongside the best references for making notes. You can decide what system you want to cover and if you’d like to run a mock test. The system will show you your progress with every system.
- Question Bank; We do not accept refunds for our question bank.
- Personal statement services; We do not accept refunds for our personal statement service.
- E-books; We do not accept refunds for our e-books.
- Webinars; If for any reason you can not attend the webinar please check whether you are able to attend the next available date. All attendees of the webinars can attend the following one FREE of charge. Should you change your mind about attending a webinar session, you are eligible for a full refund up to 48 hours before the session. This can be completed by logging into your account and cancelling your order. Within 48 hours of the webinar, refunds are not eligible, however, for extenuating circumstances where you can no longer attend, you can roll over to the next available webinar. Please contact us via email on further information on how to roll over your session booking.
- 1:1 Sessions; If you would like to cancel the 1:1 session, please contact us 72 hours prior to your scheduled time for a full refund. If you wish to cancel your session within 72 hours of the booked slot, please be mindful you will receive a partial refund of 80%. If your 1:1 session needs rescheduling, please contact us via email at least 72 hours before the session. We will be happy to accommodate you and set a more suitable time. Should you wish to reschedule your session within 72 hours of the booked slot, then please be mindful that we may not be able to accommodate and will do our best to fit you in at our earliest convenience.
- Face-to-face Events; If you are unable to attend any of the scheduled face-to-face events, please contact us to attend the next available date. Full refunds will be issued 7 working days prior to the event date. If you would like to cancel your ticket within 7 working days of the event date, please be mindful that you will receive a partial refund of 50%.
We are a group of qualified and registered physician associates (PAs) and doctors, who have teamed up together to produce a platform for prospective students, current students and qualified professionals. This website is based on UK guidelines and overseas users may have trouble accessing the reference links.
Please note that pa2be is not affiliated with any other brands or companies.